Sunday, July 18, 2010

Like ants at a picnic...

Today's post is coming to you live from ma & pop's backyard.

Laying on a chair cushion on a towel on the grass. Under the stars. Flickering citronella candles surround me.

I'm listening to a lil this. And a little that.

Ants totally just broke up this picnic. Oh, and it was so delightful, jello shots, cookies, cupcake, watermelon, cantaloupe, honey dew melon, beer and yogurt drink.

Not gonna lie, I totally ate ant(s).

Internet is down at the apartment. I've been house sitting since Thursday.

The party was last night. Good times.

Posted the house rules, which began: Eat, drink and be merry, smoke, toke, throw-up, hook-up, freak-out, pass-out

And ironically (if using the Silver definition) that preeeetttty much sums up the night. And that's pretty much all I can say about the night. Went to bed early, slept late, didn't get much sleep ;) had an epic breakfast, and then back to my Susie-homemaker routine.

NewPlotPoint even made an unexpected appearance.

All this cooking for the party and Brother's lunch. and all this laundry from Brother's work clothes and ALL. THE. sheets and blankets and pillow cases. and all the cleaning and picking up garbage and hiding all traces of a party. (I would make an excellent murderer. Hiding a body should be easy after hiding an entire party.) and ALLL the bed making and sheet changing. Fuck.

Realised that NO. ONE. makes a bed like my Mummy. Which really hinders your efforts to disguise that there were shenanigans going on in my parent's bed and shenanigans going on in my childhood bedroom. Oh and Silver slept in Brother's room. Brother slept on the couch.

And even the finishing touches, like hand-curled ribbon, garnishes, cupcakes/jelloshot hybrids and ribbon around the toilet paper. But allll this Susie-homemaker stuff has got me thinking.

I like it.

I'm enjoying emptying the dishwasher, sweeping up and taking care of everyone. I'm not ready for it yet. But I look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment