Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools Day "hijinx", narry a shenanigan...

Ah, April Fools Day. My favourite holiday. I loooove me a good prank. I'm more of a spontaneous prankster, however.

I mean, April Fools Day is kinda like Valentine's Day. I like to show my love all-year-round. I don't need a Hallmark-holiday to tell me when to say 'I love you'.

And the way I show my mother that I love her is by pranking her each and every April Fool's Day.

Now, my mother. I tell her it says 'gullible' on the ceiling and she looks up. When we were kids we used to play this game. It was called, 'pretend to drive away'.

It was Dad's favourite game. My mother would return the shopping buggy, or finish up paying, or whatever, and Dad would drive away with Bro and I shrieking peals of laughter in the back seat. But she always fell for it. (And Dad would double-back, picking up a very exasperated mother.)

While we love to prank her throughout the year, the big event is Christmas. Bro, Dad and I get together, and plot a beauty of a Christmas prank.

But April Fool's Day, we like to keep it low-key. Just a token-prank, cause she's expecting it.

Usually, we just put some fake worms on her alarm clock. But, Dad's been on a toy-purging rampage. Even the Leggos are gone. The creepy crawler oven is long gone (which was, essentially, a prankster machine).

So, we got to brainstorming (and it was a damn good thing I was there to say, 'No Bro. I don't think disconnecting the fuse in her room is a good idea.')

In the end, we threw some dog cookies in a ziplock bag, with a note that they were baked by Angel (a mutual friend of ours. Who is an excellent baker. And in the past, has given us unfamiliar cookies)

Bro and I are a little concerned that Mom may actually fall for it, and eat a frackin' dog cookie. Boy will she be mad.

Other rejected prank ideas:

Replacing her toothbrush with a fork.
Hiding all the towels in the house.

Take all the food out of the fridge.
Eat all her yogurt.
Put a dog cookie in her yogurt.
Disconnect her light switch.

I'm not working with much here, folks.

*ATTENTION* today I used a free coffee... and I WON another coffee... mind, BLOWN.

1 comment:

  1. boy just walked through the door and i was lolling and he thought i was crying and i couldn't explain i was lolling so hard and that made things even funnier... i can't wait to read on! xoxo

    ReplyDelete