Saturday, April 9, 2011

It's kinda lost its timelyness...

Have ya seen {this} ??!!?

Here are some of my favourite lyrics...

Rebecca Black - Friday                                                              

7am, waking up in the morning                                              
Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs                                      
Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal                                  
Seein’ everything, the time is goin’                                         
Gotta get down to the bus stop
Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends (My friends)



Notice most narritive songs don't start with the alarm clock? There are a million-and-one boring moments in ones day. Eating cereal and waiting for the bus? Boring. You don't hear Beyonce whining about waiting in line at the ATM before going to the club.

Kickin’ in the front seat
Sittin’ in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?


OK, everyone knows shot-gun is the primo spot, so really, a moot-point. And who the hell is picking up a 13-year-old chick at the bus stop? Although, I envy the girl, if this is the hardest decision she has to make all day.

It’s Friday, Friday

Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Gettin’ down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend

Partyin’, partyin’ (Yeah)

Partyin’, partyin’ (Yeah)
Fun, fun, fun, fun
Lookin’ forward to the weekend

This sounds like it was written by someone who has never actually attended a party. Or, a three year old. Or random sh
it I would sing pregaming it, while doing my make up.
Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday

Today i-is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
We gonna have a ball today


OK. She's not even using real sentences any more. "We so excited"? Seriously? How is this even remotely passable?

Tomorrow is Saturday

And Sunday comes after...wards
I don’t want this weekend to end

Now the song takes an educational twist. Yesterday was Thursday. Tomorrow is Saturday. And Sunday comes afterwords. Wednesday was the day before last. Tuesday was before that. After Sunday will be Monday. Then guess what? Tuesday again. Then it's just three more days until Friday. Friday. Friday. Fun. Fun. Fun. Partyin'. Partyin'. Partyin'.


This song goes nowhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment