Saturday, April 9, 2011

And by last night, I mean several weeks ago...

I really need more nerds in my life. I do pride myself on being a geek, and socializing with fellow dweebs, but when your computer gets infected with a virus, you quickly realize you're just pretenders, hangers-on.

What I  needed last night was a good-ol-fashioned dork, proficient in all the geek-arts.

By the end of the night, I had made up my mind to take it into a shop in the morning, and pay some geek to fix it for me. Gotta unsolvable problem? Throw money at it!!

But then Irish puts it into my head that I can fix it myself... Sure, it's a slightly complex virus, that needs more loving attention than a quick fix. But it's also a well-known virus. After sleeping on it, I awake, resolved to fix it myself. After all, why pay someone to do something you can do yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment