Sunday, June 6, 2010

The definitive version...

I'm equally comfortable having a beer with the guys, wine with the family or cocktails with the girls.

I like walking. The quiet street at night. A forest on an overcast afternoon. Bare feet on the sand, on a hot summer's day at the beach.

I also love driving at night, alone, save for the radio. Sometimes I sing. Sometimes I think. The windows rolled down.

And there's nothing like a long subway ride alone, dressed to the nines, on my way to a night on the town. Or the cab ride after. Trying to drunkenly recall the nights events, the highs, the lows, the hookups, all to be blacked out later. Which will be recalled in flashes at a later date.

I love going out dancing. The music doesn't matter. New rock, hip-hop, oldies. My musical tastes are eclectic. Not my all time favs, but I am currently listening to Diana Ross and the Supremes, Lady Gaga, Nine Inch Nails and Neil Young.

I like to think that I don't fall into an easy category. I'm a chameleon. I'm blond and bubbly. Dramatic. Normally found in mascara, high heels, big purse and even bigger sunglasses. I'm a flirt. And a perpetual winker.

I'm a hard worker. And serious about money. I've worked in retail for the past 9 years. And in a managerial capacity for the past 6.

I love to write. Hence the blog.

I was a "brain" in school. In elementary school, it was cool to be smart. I was popular. In middle school it was not. I was a nerd. In high school, it still wasn't cool to be smart. But I embraced my individuality and quirks. I had blue hair. Among other experimentations.

I learned to read and write in kindergarten. I was reading at a university level when I was in grade 5. I can read the fattest Harry Potter in 9 hours. Straight.

I can't spell. It's pathetic.

I went to university for psychology for four years, part time. The math and science killed me. I dropped out.

I get bored very easily. I like doing stuff and moving around. I like juggling school and work. Even in the summer, I still don't have any time to relax. Too busy having fun and getting into shenanigans. And working full-time.

Chilling and stimulating conversation is ideal. I like the flow of a good conversation.

I use strange old-timey words. I also like to make up words. I love playing with language. There are so many words you can use to tell a story. It's all about the flair in which you use the words. Some words are gems.

I want to be a journalist. I want to write. I want to talk to people. I want to travel. I need adventure. I would be pleased as a peach to do anything that lets me be surrounded by words all day.

I don't get along well with most girls. Dudes are much cooler.

I love getting ready for a night out. I love the make up and the nails and the hair. My first thought is usually... OooOOoo! What am I going to wear?

But I don't mind getting my hands dirty. Or my feet. Most nights in the summer, I have to wash my feet before bed, due to running around in flip flops through parks, sand or forests.

I can build a fire and pitch a tent. I can smile and bat my eyes, and I usually get what I want.

I have strong convictions.
I can be a bad influence at times.
I embrace my inner nerd. I don't put on airs.

I want to be unlike anyone you've ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment