Saturday, March 12, 2011

The fable of a drunk chic and a good time....

OK, let's break it down here. The reasons why I haven't been posting.

1. I'm sad and lonely
2. Nothing interesting happens
3. When interesting things happen, they usually involve unbloggable unmentionables
4. Weather. Depression
5. Sitting in a chair staring at a screen ALL day

But I guess it all began... Tuesday night.... at the concert....

Naw, not going to get into that yet (although, I am sufficiently tipsy enough for that). But Tuesday night, was such a perfect night of randomness, shenanigans and safety. It really reminded me... of what can happen.... when you say..... YES!! to everything.

And then, tonight.....

On Saturday, Irish told me that The Biebs is moving to Alberta. So he and I chatted a bit. Monday, he asked me to plan his bon voyage party. OK, cool. I am the party planner after all. Fuck the complications that arise from this arrangement.

If I can do one thing for him before he leaves, I would want it to be to throw him a killer good bye party. But then on Tuesday night, he starts to waver. And on Wednesday, Irish tells me to cancel the whole damn affair. On Thursday, I call the whole thing off.

Which brings us to Friday, 3 p.m. I'm in a hole of a closet in the SmallTown Public Library, viewing microfiches of newspapers from 1985. The Biebs texts me, to say we're back on.

I literally drove to my work place and bought a new pair of black skinny jeans and a black tank, threw a glittery blue bolero on top, french braided my hair, shaved my frackin' legs, put on concealer and lip stick, grabbed my pointy black stilettos, jumped in the pink pick up truck, and had my Dad drop me off at the kiss-and-ride at Kennedy Station.

At this point, I haven't heard from The Biebs. But I jump on the train, and ask him where I should get off, finally, he tells me Christie. I get off at Christie, exit the turnstile, phone regains service, and I have a message from him, saying, "We're disntliong the night... nothings happening"

Well fuck.

I feel all dressed up with no place to go.

I consider, going home. But I don't want my parents to think I'm a loser, getting ditched by my friends (actually, perfectly acceptable explanation in the end, but I'm not going to air out others dirty laundry here...)

So I'm all dressed up, I'm a little tipsy from my subway juice.

I've never gone out alone, by myself, down town. This could be fun...?

I walk all the way to Clinton's. But I can't make my way inside. I can't go to Clinton's alone. I stare down this option, finally 180 it, back to the station. I stare at the map... where do all the cool kids go on a Friday night... where can I blend in... I settle on Queen West.

I've loved Queen West for 10 years, and never spend enough nights down there. But when I get off the train at Osgoode, it doesn't feel right. The vibe is off. So I wander. I approach China Town. My feet ache within my stilettos.

I know where I'm going. Where else would I be drawn to, but Kensington? Kensington feels safe. When in fact, it's actually pretty sketchy. I guess it feels familiar.

I get to Kensington, but the street is deserted. So I continue to Augusta. The Boat isn't rocking. Well, fuck. I could always go to The Augusta. Or find that cafe where you can smoke weed in.

Finally, it dawns on me. Where else can you go when you're all dressed up with no place to go...?

Supermarket!! (Infamously, I bought a disco dress to wear to The Boat, we didn't get in, and we ended up at Supermarket, making for a very lame evening.)

So I order myself a drink, find a seat, and actually enjoy the bitchen band.

OK, I got my whisky. Got some cool music. A good guy-girl ratio. A lot of cute guys. Mainly hipsters. Two are checking me out.

I can DO this. I can go to the bar alone...

Then, Sky texts me. What's going on, where are we all meeting? I tell him the shindig is cancelled... BUT... I'm all alone at Supermarket, feeling pathetic... he says he'll meet me at Supermarket, as he's in the area.

So I go outside to wait for him... and this young buck comes outside, offers me a smoke, he's 22 with a 10 month old daughter. But that's OK, he's not with his babys mama. In fact, he didn't even know if he was the father or not until a recent paternity test. Then I meet one of his friends, who introduces himself as Archie.

Finally, Sky texts me, tells me to come to..... Aspetta....

Oh, at this point I should make it obviously clear that Sky and I can NEVER have a romantic or sexual connection. Pure friends. But also, not someone I spend a lot of one-on-one time with...

So I meet up with Sky at Aspetta. A very dashing friend appears, as well as your typical neighbourhood stoner. Stoner's in the band, along with 2 Russians.

Sky, Dashing and I set up at the back of the Kensington Cafe. The Russians have brought maaaad groupies. Of the 12 or so people in the audience, one is filming the entire set on his iPhone, and one dude, with the uber pointy cowboy boots is just loosing his shit as the band plays. You would think we had Jimi Hendrix himself in the god damned well-lit, poorly heated cafe.

After the set, I go out with the boys, Sky, Dashing and Stoner. Suddenly, the COPPERS come, and clear everyone out. And it's not even 1 a.m.

We jump in the car, and head for Sky's.

And Stoner even drove me home. Naturally, I flirted with him. He plays a mean guitar, and had heated seats in his car. Obv I would go for Stoner over Dashing, c'mon.

BUT...
The moral of this story is, fair kiddies, is, THAT WHEN YOU SAY YES... RANDOMNESS AWAITS. And tonight was delightfully random.

And sometimes I just have nothing to blog. And I think about starting a project, and blogging about it. But I'm starting to think that my problems cannot be solved with a blog project. Also, I think trying to motivate myself to be a better person is depressing. What appealed to be about the YES!! project was that I got to satisfy my id on a daily basis.

So, perhaps I shall resurrect the YES!! project. Call it... YES!! 2.0... Only, be more aggressive. Go after what I want... not be so passive... because last time around, I was merely open to possibilities.... but I never really made my own decisions... I was not a master of my own fate...

Fuck, I could have been home in bed by 10 p.m.
But I set out to have a good night, and a good night was had...

No comments:

Post a Comment