Monday, September 20, 2010

17 reasons why I posted yesterday's video...

1. Hello! My name is Veronica.
2. This cracked me up even though I was stone-cold sober.
3. Betty is practically hidden behind the band. And she gets limited air-time.
4. I like to sing a long to this song in the car. I even get a little shoulder-shake goin' on.
5. What can I say, I love kissing!
6. It's really all the action I've been getting.
7. I still, to this day, purchase the occasional Archie comic from the grocery store.
8. I learned how to read because of Archie comics. Seriously. When I was 3 years old my Aunt J went to Disney World, and brought me back a comic, Veronica in Canada. And I thought it was about.. my life.. like.. in the.. future. But because I couldn't read, all I could do was look at the pictures, and marvel at what my future would hold in store for me.
9. The inappropriate sexual-innuendo between Hot Dog and Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
10. The shitty animation.
11. The fact that the video actually detracts from the awesome tune.
12. The Archies was a fictional band of studio session musicians.
13. Betty and Veronica robotically dancing to a back drop of poorly-drawn bon-bons.
14. The way Hot Dog, Archie and Reggie sidle on up to Sabrina.
15. This would  be even better if stoned (and I assume that's why you're here).
16. Archie's strange voice and stranger eyebrows.
17. The inclusion of the Trix Rabbit.

See? I can deliver.

Irish liked that it seemed like none of the band-members actually knew the lyrics to the song. She was confused by the sexuality of the dog, and was even more confused when he turned into a clown. She was pissed that Veronica was shown more than Betty.

I think that it was actually a plus. If anything, Jughead should've got more screen time. 

Thank you sir, can I have another?

No comments:

Post a Comment