Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thrill me to the marrow...

It occurs to me that all this youtube video embedding puts me at risk for copyright infringement.

But I assure you, my intentions are pure and honourable.

I just think I'm better than you. And my musical knowledge and tastes must be shared and explored with you whipper-snappers.

You've heard this one while you're bumping and grinding in the clubs.

But pay 'nuff respect to Woodstock '69, and Steven Stills, who wrote the original. This was the second time that Crosby, Stills and Nash performed together.

God, wish I were there.



It's thce ultimate break-up song. A suite in the truest classical sense of the word (not to shabby for a rock-and-roll song), chronicling the demise of Steven Still's relationship with Judy Collins.

Listen to the transitions from pop to ballad to poetry to... well... a Cyprus Hill song.

Musical intricacies and heartfelt lyrics?

Please don't sue me Mr. Stills. I am but a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment