Friday, September 10, 2010

G20. Now that I've got you're attention, here's more pratter...

So I discovered that I'm using some old, soon-to-be-outdated version of Blogger. This is much nicer now.

I'm sorry about neglecting you poor blog. I grounded myself from the Interwebs. I had shit to do before BTS. And, funny, I had 4 months to beautify this blog... And I waited until the craziness of the first week of school to do it. But it suuuuure does look purdy!

First week of school, and we've hit the ground running.
I'm retooling (severely, retooling) my G20 post for the student paper. Yes, the very same paper I am "auditioning" to be Web Editor for.
I'm tickled-pink that I'll be able to dig my G20 files out of the "unpublished" file on my (organized!) desktop and into the "courier" file. And the photos! Oh the photos! Fabulous photos that I thought would be doomed to rot and waste away in unpublished-limbo.

Like in the header. (Don't worry, this is not the finished project. We're still under construction here, folks.)

I knew I wanted a fancy-shmancy header, but I didn't know where to start. Was contemplating asking my cousin's wife Adriana to design sumthin for me... but I was drawing a blank. I figured I should incorporate some photography. Considering I, you know, have that fancy-shmancy journalism-camera. And I took about a thousand photos this summer. (Recap coming soon, I promise!)

But what photograph could represent me, procrastination, journalism AND fit in with the colour-scheme AND fit as a header?

Procrastinate Now! takes on new meaning when complimented by riot cops. And this photo captures Toronto, shenanigans and journalism all at once. The size and colour scheme are perfect. And let's be honest, this is a photo that you show off! It's also keeping with my off-beat sense of humour. Perfect!

I dashed this together on Microsoft Paint (due to lack of funding on these home-computers). Consider it a mock-up until I can Adobe-it-up.

I'm pimping my blog. Header, embedded video, and I even changed my HTML coding so that links will open in new tabs. You're welcome. Me and my incessant linking.

Look at this blog, becoming all professional and shit, now that I'm BTS.




Oh how I wish I were going to see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment