Friday, May 14, 2010

I don't normally do this, but...

So I was out at a (shitty) club and a dude asked me for my numbah. He was cute enough. I was certainly drunk enough. He told me that he would wait 3 days to call, because he watches How I Met Your Mother. And I am OBSESSED with How I Met Your Mother. Which will henceforth be known as HIMYM. So anywho, he really scored ma numbah on the mention of HIMYM and the whole say YES!! to everything experiment. Tuesday rolled around, and sure enough, buddy texts me. I waited til yesterday to text back, in typical female fashion. But the THING is... he asked me out, but like on a group outing with his friends? That's weird, right? Oh well, definite leap on the say YES!! scale. Oh, so here is the say YES!! theory as it stands. 1. When I say YES!! the universe rewards me with adventure and/or delightful randomness 2. When someone says NO!! to me, they are punished in karmic proportions Have decided that 25 is the age I was meant to be. I even wrote a song: (to the tune of Summer of '69 by Canadian heartthrob Bryan Adams) "It was the Summer of two-thousand-and-ten I wish that I could live it again That summer I was twent-five And man I was feelin' alive" (yes, I am singing a reflective song in the moment. Can't get anymore ironic than that)

No comments:

Post a Comment