Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Say YES!!

I'm not normally a do-er or a joiner. I'm lazy. I'm a home-body. But then I get bored at home, and wish that I accepted that invitation to go out. So Friday was epicness. And I worked all afternoon Saturday. But Irish had been bugging me alllll week to make my entire weekend epic, and go out with her Saturday night. I refused. She relented. I got home from work. I felt restless. And sad that the semester was all-of-a-sudden complete. I also felt on the verge of tears. Maybe it was exhaustion. Maybe it was relief. I love journalism, I adore school, I'm sexually attracted to all the people that litter my day. And now, my only reason to put on pants is work? Soul-crushing karma-killing work? Something had to be done. That's when I decided: I shall say YES! to everything this summer. And where did that take me? Well, a delightful day with the Donnelly-clan. I met her entire family: mom, dad, brother and 3 sisters. Predrank at her little brother's birthday kegger, complete with highschoolers. Went to a club in a strip plaza in Ajax for her sister's personal trainer's birthday. Chatted up the cabbie. Ate chicken wings and cake with the stragglers post-kegger. Slept in Aileen's chamber of horrors. Woke up to a breakfast feast fit for Wedding Crashers. Went to her little sister's Irish dancing recital in Etobicoke. Such delightful randomness. To which old-veronica would never have agreed to. But summer-veronica, that chick is different!

No comments:

Post a Comment