Sunday, August 22, 2010

Kutziness and fluke...

So I'm a klutz. I am constantly getting bruises or breaking toes, and always in the most ridiculous manner. I expect to die in a freak accident. Oh, and I am usually sober. I hate having to explain for my limping the next day by prefacing the story with... Ok, so I was totally sober... and I dropped a small ceramic bowl on my toe. I bruised the fuck out of it. But I think I may have broke it because this was like, more than a month ago and I still can't wear shoes? Maybe I should have sought medical attention? Seriously. I miss shoes. I wear all these "dressy" "thong" sandals to work. And I spend the rest of my time in flip-flops. So I didn't even realize that I couldn't wear shoes until about 2 weeks in when I tried to wear flats to work, and I couldn't even walk around the apartment. I even tried for Taste of the Danforth, but my pointer-toe was just not having it. I did manage to wear my wedge sandals 2 nights in Montreal and on a date last week (mistake!) But last night I wore boots (gimme a break, it's been chilly!) And tomorrow, I shall conquer the 8 hour work day in shoes. But poor LT. She was walking up the stairs and she tripped. The plate she was holding in her hands dropped. Shattered. She fell on the glass, and got a massive gash on her left hand (she's right-handed at least). She had to get stitches. In the emergency room. She had some nerve damage on the top knuckle of her middle finger (no! not the swear-finger!). She couldn't even move it! She had to get surgery to repair the nerves. She's getting better, but won't even begin to regain feeling for two months. At the best. And damn, I feel for that girl. I thought I was the only one to horribly injure myself in such fluky manners. Like the time I broke my leg. Damn, I'm glad she's doing OK. But I'm even gladder that I'm not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment